[GRASS-dev] OSGEO member name search

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Tue Sep 15 15:29:42 EDT 2009

On Sep 15, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu
> > wrote:
>> Thanks.
>>
>> How would someone find this if they didn't have the URL you sent?
>
> See http://www.osgeo.org
>
> OSGeo Community
>    * Member Area

I went to the Member Area

>       * Access to OSGeo services (OSGeo user ID)
>            -> Finding a Userid

This link ("Finding a Userid") does not exist on the Members Area page
under the "Access to OSGeo services" paragraph (or anywhere else that
I can see). The only link is "Get a OSGeo user ID here." This is the
case if I'm logged in or not logged in.

> Please suggest where you would expect it so that we
> can add it there, too.

Well, I guess first add a link on the Member Area. A search box on the
right column that says "Search for an OSGeo Member" would be a good
way to do this.

Note that I'd also make "User login" a little more prominent. Right
now, it's in tiny print at the bottom of a very long menu at the left.
A lot of pages have a user login near the top and center or right,
with some kind of prominent lettering.

Michael