[GRASS-dev] libgrass+grass-gui?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Sep 26 02:59:45 EDT 2009

Markus Neteler ha scritto:

> ... you can configure GRASS to deactivate Tcl or WxPython.
> I am doing so on my cluster installation which is CLI only.
>
> In which sense does the py-gui or tk-gui break QGIS?

It does not, but splitting development in 3 branches would allow easier release of each. For
instance there is a critical bug in one of the GUIs, but CLI is not affected, then libgrass can be
released, and other apps (including QGIS) can rely on a stable release.
The basic idea is that CLI and GUI have different speed of development and diffwerent stability
issues and requirement, so when it is possible to allow different speed of release, this *seems* to
me a good option.
Thanks.