[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #594: wx GUI won't start (Mac OS X 10.5.6) / Python 2.6 / wxWidgets 2.8.10 / wxPyhton 2.8.9.2

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sun Sep 27 12:36:24 EDT 2009

#594: wx GUI won't start (Mac OS X 10.5.6) / Python 2.6 / wxWidgets 2.8.10 /
wxPyhton 2.8.9.2
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  vince    |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
      Type:  defect   |      Status:  closed
 Component:  wxGUI    |     Version:  6.4.0 RCs
Resolution:  wontfix  |    Keywords:  wxGUI does not load
  Platform:  MacOSX   |         Cpu:  x86-64
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Changes (by cmbarton):

  * status:  reopened => closed
  * resolution:  => wontfix

Comment:

 AFAICT, to run Mac binaries with vdigit, we must:

 1) have the same version of wxPython installed that GRASS was compile
 with, or
 2) bundle wxPython with the binary.

 Option #2 is the only way to make a binary portable on a Mac, but it is
 easy to do with the files that William Kyngesburye has put in the source
 tree.

 He has also solved compiling GRASS for Snow Leopard.

 Using Python 2.6 is a completely different issue and could take some
 considerable rewriting of the GUI.

 I'm closing this with a "wontfix" because it is fixed as much as it can
 be, and we can now produce portable binaries for Leopard and Snow Leopard
 on the Mac.

 Michael

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/594#comment:15>