[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #594: wx GUI won't start (Mac OS X 10.5.6) / Python 2.6 / wxWidgets 2.8.10 / wxPyhton 2.8.9.2

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Sep 28 02:31:19 EDT 2009

#594: wx GUI won't start (Mac OS X 10.5.6) / Python 2.6 / wxWidgets 2.8.10 /
wxPyhton 2.8.9.2
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  vince    |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
      Type:  defect   |      Status:  closed
 Component:  wxGUI    |     Version:  6.4.0 RCs
Resolution:  wontfix  |    Keywords:  wxGUI does not load
  Platform:  MacOSX   |         Cpu:  x86-64
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by cmbarton):

 Don't get me wrong. I'm in favor of moving in that direction. However, I
 just think that it is wise to complete the GUI with the version of Python
 we started with before porting to a new one. It's especially important to
 get 6.4 out the door as a stable version with as many bugs fixed as
 possible. Then we can move on to GRASS 7 development. The other issue of
 writing for Python 2.6 is that we need to make sure that the majority of
 Mac, Windows, and Linux distros will be able to run the GUI. Mac just
 moved to 2.6 (with the majority of users still at 2.5) and I'm not sure
 where the other platforms are at currently.

 Michael

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/594#comment:21>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>