[GRASS-dev] what's going on in r39326

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Tue Sep 29 15:14:03 EDT 2009

Come on now, Maris, be fair. We all know shell code
gets more cryptic the shorter it is ;)

But does that mean there is no longer any way to start
GRASS without also launching a terminal emulator?
Personally, I don't mind (and neither will probably anyone
who uses a Unix system). However, I was under the impression
that it was desirable to have a way to start GRASS
with no terminal attached, especially for Windows users.

Plus, one of the long-term goals for GRASS was to drop
all dependencies on bash. I don't know in how far an
enforced terminal window agrees with that.

The problem with init.sh remains, of course. But surely
that could be handled by an exit function in gis.m?

But maybe I am thinking in the wrong direction here...

Ben