[GRASS-dev] [SoC] Parallelization of Raster and Vector modules

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Mon Apr 5 20:38:43 EDT 2010

Jordan,
I've dealt with ERDAS Imagine files larger than 10 GB on a regular basis.
I have occasionally tried to reproject and merge all of the 1 m NAIP
imagery tiles  for North Carolina into 1 BigTIFF > 500GB with gdal.  Any
parallelizaion work for open source geospatial tools would be welcome :-).

Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the
Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.