[GRASS-dev] GRASS python Script with Spgrass6 commands

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Apr 13 11:26:14 EDT 2010

Luis Lisboa wrote:
> I'm planning on doing a script to do spatial data analysis automatically
> using a Python Script. This would mean, connecting to R, reading GRASS data
> into R and return data (similar to Chapter 10.2.1 from GRASS book).
> My questions are:

Hi Luis!

> 1- Is there any Python's GRASS Script doing this?

why don't you a look at v.krige (by Anne Ghisla). I think it goes all this way
grass -> R -> grass.

> 2- If not, How can I do this? I mean, is there any GRASS-python function
> that can be used to send commands to R?

You are probably interested in the "grass-python-scripting" stuff found at:
<http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_and_Python>

(
I myself have some scripts that I'd love to see them someday properly
implemented and do magic with R and grass ;-). But I guess it will take a
while...
)

Nikos