[GRASS-dev] v.external, ogr direct access, topology and pseudo-topology.... a bit confused

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 08:50:29 EDT 2010

Hi Markus,
thanks for the clarifying reply.
For SF algorithms I mean those that can apply to SF structures, as meant by
the OGC definition. For example a simple clip based on the SF spatial
operators (like those in v.select in GRASS 7).
It's not uncommon to need these operations rapidly, even on unclean data (at
least, this happens frequently between my collegues and practioners). Much
strict correctness is often not required, for daily work...

But from your explanation I understand that with pseudo-topology Grass can
digest unclean polygons too... so I suppose that these kind of operations
(like a clip) can be rapidly made through direct OGR read access. Even with
v.external? (I have to verify, because I don't have GRASS 7 right now on
this pc).

giovanni

[1] OpenGIS® Implementation Specification for Geographic information -
Simple feature access - Part 1: Common architecture, Chapter 6
http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=18242