[GRASS-dev] v.external, ogr direct access, topology and pseudo-topology.... a bit confused

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 03:45:22 EDT 2010

> Yes, but the fundamental question here is: should the speed of these
> operations be more important then their quality ?

The quality is always important. I think the question is: is topology
always required to guarantee it? The answar, IMHO, is no. In that
cases the quality doesn't depend on the data structure or the
algorithm, but on the input data. The algorithm shouldn't alter the
instrinsic quality of the information... This, of course, depends on
what you're doing. A network analysis should never let be done on
non-topo data! :)