[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.5 svn r42055 fails to build, in gui/wxpython

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Apr 29 20:58:24 EDT 2010

Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> GRASS GIS compilation log
> -------------------------
> Started compilation: Wed Apr 28 22:45:09 CEST 2010
> --
> Errors in:
> /home/src/straight/grass65/gui/wxpython
> --
> In case of errors please change into the directory with error and run
> 'make'.

Can we change this to:

	In case of errors please refer to the "make" output; you did
	save it to a file, right?

In the case of missing or incorrect dependencies, it's common for a
subsequent "make" to succeed, so we need the errors from the original
make command.

I'm inclined to modify the top-level Makefile to bail out if
stdout/stderr refer to a tty. Also, forcing LC_ALL=C might not be a
bad idea.

> So I do:
>
> $ cd /home/src/straight/grass65/gui/wxpython
> $ make 2>&1 | tee log.log
>
> (log.log attached)

Er, log.log.7z attached. After installing p7zip (using gzip would have
resulted in a smaller file, BTW), I don't see anything obviously
wrong.