[GRASS-dev] stability of GRASS 7?

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Mon Aug 2 12:11:19 EDT 2010

____________________
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)

Currently,

The file formats have not changed in such a way for this to be a problem. IIRC, the vector indexing protocols have changed in GRASS7, but this is more of a problem going from 6 to 7 than going the other way.

Raster formats currently remain compatible. There has been discussion about changing these, but this has not happened yet.

Michael