[GRASS-dev] 6.4.0 blocker bugs

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Aug 11 14:48:43 EDT 2010

Hamish wrote:

> if removing the full swig/ dir, are there ctype options for
> perl/java/.net/etc users?

The ctypes wrappers haven't been back-ported to 6.4 yet.

However, it should be much easier to add ctypes wrappers to an
installed version than to do likewise for SWIG wrappers.

> if not, were they doomed to fail with swig anyway?

Pretty much. Even the relatively few attempts to use the SWIG wrappers
were continually running into issues with functions needing or
returning internal SWIG objects which we couldn't figure out how to
create or use.