[GRASS-dev] 6.4.0 blocker bugs

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 17:03:37 EDT 2010

Helmut:
> regarding ctypes, IMHO we are on a good way that compiling
> ctypes on windows is solved now.
>
> see http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1125#comment:31
>
> so I would opt to include ctypes in grass64

It is very good news/work indeed, and I fully support its
inclusion in 6.4.x, but as it hasn't even been backported yet,
let alone had more than 1 day's testing in trunk it means yet
another delay. For starters it needs to be backported to 6.5svn
and tested there.

I think the main point to consider is if this is a critical bug
or not. And if it is not a RC bug, on what grounds are we
delaying release for it? 6.4.1 could be released just 4 weeks
after 6.4.0, and IMO it is rather valuable to have the solid/
known good delta to compare against.

+= 2c,
Hamish