[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4 blocker????

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 19:03:46 EDT 2010

Michael
> I may not be able to recompile 6.4
> and test until next week. So if anyone has a very recent
> version I'm hoping this can be quickly tested.
>
> We have a pretty new (within a couple weeks) version of 6.4
> on Ubuntu in my lab and my student just mentioned that the
> map calculator is broken. What seems to be happening is that
> picking 'map calculator' from the raster menu is trying to
> start up r.mapcalc (which does not have a GUI in GRASS 6.4)
> instead of starting the wxPython map calculator GUI.
>
> Can anyone test to see if this is still happening? If so,
> it is probably pretty easy to fix. If Martin is tied up, I
> think I can get in to fix it next week.

I can't test from where I am right now, but I'd note the
second to last change to menudata.xml:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/42191

Timestamp:
    05/09/10 16:59:07 (3 months ago)
Message:
    wxGUI: map calc clean up
    (merge r42183, r42184, r42186, r42187 from trunk)

also I'd note that it appears that "Map calculator" has been
renamed to "Raster calculator" in the Raster menu with this
change. (it took me a few moments to find it as I was looking
for the traditional name)

Hamish