[GRASS-dev] 6.4.0 blocker bugs

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 23 11:29:34 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/8/18 Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu>:
> My suggestion is to change
> the default GUI directly in init.sh. Changing this variable between
> 6.4.0 and 6.4.1 seems to big quite big change when considering
> releasing policy.

Additionally it is a pain to prepare tutorial - you don't want to replicate
everything with then quickly outdating screenshots for Mac + Linux users
when a new GUI is there and already default on winGRASS...

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 5:26 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Finally, for the FOSS4G 2010 OSGeo Live GIS disc I have packaged it with
> ~/.grassrc6 containing GRASS_GUI=wxpython, so there Linux starts with
> the wxGUI.

At this point we should do it for the rest of the users, too. I'd
really like to avoid to
be flooded with messages of "where is the new GUI??" content since the
standard Linux distros will package whatever is set in the software.

Markus