[GRASS-dev] Recent changes in v.out.ogr grass7 trunk

Soeren Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 18 13:52:08 EST 2010

Hi,
i am facing a problem with v.out.ogr which was introduced in revision
r44484 implementing the
ability of v.out.ogr to update existing files.

I have a python script which sets the overwrite flag as default to
True for all modules it calls (in
gisrc), to avoid overwrite errors when working in temporally created
grass locations. This works fine for all grass modules.
Unfortunately the last changes in v.out.ogr switches from overwrite
mode to update mode (main.c line 285) and expects an existing file.
Therefor v.out.ogr dies with the error message: ERROR: Unable to open
OGR data source '/tmp/voronoi_diagram.kml'  in case there is no file.

IMHO using the overwrite flag should not fail in case there is no file
to overwrite. Updating files should be managed with a special flag and
should not depend on the overwrite flag.

I am open for suggestions and discussion. :)

Best regards
Soeren