[GRASS-dev] improve module wxGUI tab logic

Trevor Wiens tsw.web at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 12:47:57 EST 2010

Michael and others. In reference to this issue, I think the proposed
fix is too complex. I would like to suggest a simpler approach.

Let all placement of all fields to be governed by the guisection
command and have developer guidelines and recommendations about the
placement of flags, and required fields on different tabs.

I think for simple modules the hard coded placement is fine, but when
writing more complex modules (like my recent Marxan add ons), the lack
of flexibility can be an obstacle to making things intuitive.

Just my 2 cents.

TSW
--
Trevor Wiens