[GRASS-dev] GRASS_ADDON_PATH in GRASS6.4 UbuntuOS

Franz Schiller franzschiller1975 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 12:01:47 EST 2010

Perhaps you have added it after the call to Init.sh? It needs to be set
before Init.sh is run in order to be picked up.

My grass64 is like this now:
trap "echo 'User break!' ; exit" 2 3 9 15
GRASS_ADDON_PATH=/usr/local/myproj
export GRASS_ADDON_PATH
# Set the GISBASE variable
GISBASE=/usr/local/grass-6.4.0svn
export GISBASE
exec "$GISBASE/etc/Init.sh" "$@"

So it's defined before Init.sh.
If I do  echo "$GRASS_ADDON_PATH it appears in GRASS so it's parsed inside
grass.

Regarding your suggestion:
sudo GRASS_ADDON_PATH=/usr/local/myproject grass64 -wxpython
I got the same result. An Error Window and the same command-output error.

Again, I think this might be an error associated with g.parse since he
recognize that the script exists but he is not building Form and he is
runned automatically when I insert its name in the command line

Regarding your .profile suggestion, what is necessary to be in that .profile
file? and where should it be?

Franz