re [GRASS-dev] g.proj -p - units is : meters or metres ?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Feb 8 22:48:06 EST 2010

Massimo Di Stefano wrote:

> apologize the private mail, i can see your answer on the list archive,
> but no reply is sent to my mail box (mybe some problems with the mailng
> list :-/)

Note that, by default, the Mailman list management software doesn't
send a copy of a message to any user who is listed in the To, CC, etc
headers. If you don't receive the direct copy due to e.g. anti-spam
filters, then you won't receive a copy at all.

I recommend disabling this feature in your mailmain preferences:

	http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/options/grass-dev/

I've asked for this "feature" to be disabled by default, but that
hasn't happened.

> > What do your scripts use the "unit" or "units" field for?
>
> I'm working on a script to send data from grass to ossimplanet,
> it is :
>
> http://svn.osgeo.org/ossim/trunk/gsoc/OssimPlanetSasha/r.planet.py
>
> there is a "projinfo()" function i'm using it to retrieve if the location use degrees or projected coordinates
> what i need is to extract the "center of the map" and use it in the  "zoom to" action.
>
> if the location is in degrees i use :
>
> setCLL(map)
> location ..
> while if projected (meters) i use :
>
> setCPRJ(map)

I suggest looking at the PROJ_INFO output, specifically the "proj"
field. It will have the value "ll" for lat/lon.