[GRASS-dev] Re: Mailman settings - was Re: g.proj -p - units is : meters or metres ?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 11 00:14:46 EST 2010

Hamish:
> > This setting saves me time.
Glynn:
> While for other people, it results in them never seeing a reply to
> their question.

currently I find it really hard to keep up with all the mailing list
traffic, there is only so much time each day I can spend reading emails
about grass without neglecting other things. so the extra few seconds
spent scanning a message to see if I've read it before or it is someone's
broken html reply which doesn't > quotes, comes out of the limited time
pool.. so I miss emails as it is if I have to leave yesterday's new ones
unread because there were 50 new ones overnight and I've got to get to
work. it doesn't help that yahoo's mail servers are more clogged than
osgeo's and so mail often randomly arrives up to 24 hours late.

well, at least I know I'm skipping those ones.

anyway, preferences are just that, and I'm glad for them.

in the past on other lists I've also had really irate emails from
apparently overwhelmed people who couldn't deal with the fact that
I'd left them in the cc: along with the mailing list's address.
shrug.

smurfed (schtroumpfed?) to death,
Hamish