[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 compile error: undefined reference to `OSRMorphFromESRI'

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Feb 13 07:00:47 EST 2010

Markus Neteler wrote:

> I have checked why the GRASS 7 progman is no longer compiled (last
> semi-successfull attempt 16 Jan):

> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libgdal.so.1, needed by
> /home/neteler/grass7_svn_head_progmanual/grass7/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/libgrass_gproj.so,
> not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

> Any ideas?

Any external shared libraries which are referenced indirectly need to
be in the dynamic library path (via $LD_LIBRARY_PATH or whatever).

You could use e.g. "LDFLAGS=-Wl,-rpath-link,/path/to/gdal", where
/path/to/gdal is the directory containing libgdal.so.1.

In general, setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH is preferable, as that will also
handle running the executable (e.g. for --html-description), while
-Wl,-rpath-link,... only affects linking.