[GRASS-dev] GRASS / OSGeo System Services

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Feb 17 10:15:29 EST 2010

Folks,

The OSGeo System Administration Committee (SAC) is working on migrating
some of our services to OSL, to a virtual machine based environment.

At this point it becomes practical to offer projects that need substantial
services beyond those normally provided by OSGeo/SAC with a virtual machine
they can manage themselves within their project - if there is a need.

My question is whether there is a need for this for the GRASS project.

Currently I am aware of GRASS having special services hosted on
xblade14 at telascience, including a static web site that is pulled from
svn and a mediawiki wiki running against mysql.  Beyond that GRASS also
uses standard OSGeo services for Trac, SVN, mailing lists, and the download
site.

Does the GRASS project have additional custom system services hosted at
telascience or elsewhere that you would be interested in hosting in a
project managed VM?  Are there service you would like to deploy but have
held back for lack of somewhere stable and self-managed to put them?

Best regards,