[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #952: 'Highlight selected features and zoom' gives error when SQL display query is in effect

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Feb 17 15:47:57 EST 2010

#952: 'Highlight selected features and zoom' gives error when SQL display query
is in effect
-----------------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  epatton                            |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
     Type:  defect                             |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-64                             |
-----------------------------------------------+----------------------------
 I think I've uncovered a subtle bug in the wxgui Attribute Table Manager
 (it took about two hours to figure out):

 (in NC dataset):

 1. Load the lakes vector into the Layer Manager
 2. Right-click on lakes, go to Properties/Selection, and enter an SQL
 display query like

 {{{
 FTYPE = 'LAKE/POND'
 }}}

 3. Close the d.vect window, open the Attribute Table Manager, enter a
 'Simple' SQL query of FTYPE = 'LAKE/POND'
 4. Select multiple records from the attribute table, right-click and
 choose either 'Highlight selected features', or 'Highlight selected
 features and zoom', which should give the following error:

 {{{
  File
 "/usr/local/grass-6.5.svn/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/dbm.py",
 line 1326, in OnDataDrawSelectedZoom

 self._drawSelected(zoom=True)
   File
 "/usr/local/grass-6.5.svn/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/dbm.py",
 line 1274, in _drawSelected

 self.AddQueryMapLayer() # -> self.qlayer
   File
 "/usr/local/grass-6.5.svn/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/dbm.py",
 line 2108, in AddQueryMapLayer

 self.qlayer =
 self.mapdisplay.AddTmpVectorMapLayer(self.vectorName, cats)
   File "/usr/local/grass-6.5.svn/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/ma
 pdisp.py", line 1576, in AddTmpVectorMapLayer

 parg,pval = p.split('=')
 ValueError
 :
 too many values to unpack
 }}}

 The aggravating part was that if I only did an attribute table SQL query
 and highlight/zoom records, it's fine. It's only an error when there is a
 display query *and* an attribute table query at the same time.

 ~ Eric.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/952>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>