[GRASS-dev] v.delaunay z-values

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Feb 19 23:42:24 EST 2010

On Feb 16, 2010, at 4:13 AM, Paul Kelly wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Feb 2010, Helena Mitasova wrote:
>
>> v.delaunay results look OK but I am not sure what they would be used for without the z-values.
>> http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/delaunay_poly.png
>> I remember that there was some effort to get the z-values added to create a 3D vector
>> but I could not find anything in add ons - maybe I am missing something?
>
> Hi Helena, I'm not sure if I'm aware of what the issue with v.delaunay z-values is, but wondered could it be related to this current bug: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/933> ?
> (Although that is about corrupted z-values, not absence of them.)

For the record - it was my mistake - I did not realize that I had my z-values were stored as attribute.
When I changed it to z-coordinate it came out quite nice
(the first is from contour points, the second from random points in nc_spm_08)
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/TINgrassnviz2.jpg
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/TINgrassnvizrand2.jpg
- maybe a hint in the man page would help.

The only problem that I had in GRASS65 was that nviz kept crashing when I tried to run it
with the vector data only so I had to add raster map as a reference plane.

Helena