[GRASS-dev] d.vect.thematic

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Sun Feb 21 19:07:56 EST 2010

On Feb 21, 2010, at 4:06 PM, Martin Landa wrote:

> 2010/2/21 Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>:
>> Anyone know why d.vect. thematic is not set to compile in GRASS 7? It *can* use an xterm but does not require it.
>
> d.vect.thematic needs to be ported to Python or better to rewritten in C.
>
> Martin
>
> --
> Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa

I agree about it needing to be ported or rewritten. So it's out because it's still a bash script?

In that case, we should replace the thematic map layer in the GUI with d.thematic.area. This at least provides nice choropleth maps. That is, it *should* do that. I just tried doing a simple replace of d.vector.thematic with d.thematic.area and it doesn't create a display for some reason. It does work, however (tested with wximgview).

Michael