[GRASS-dev] How to import data from LSASAF

António Rocha antonio.rocha at deimos.com.pt
Mon Feb 22 10:18:47 EST 2010

Hello

I'm trying to import, to GRASS, data from LSA-SAF project
(http://landsaf.meteo.pt/). This project pretends to freely disseminate
EUMETSAT data related to Land, Land-atmosphere interaction; biospheric
applications, etc. LSASAF data is freely distributed in HDF5 files. I
have created a script to import the different subsets from HDF5 to GRASS
but, due to the fact that each file doesn't include and geocoding, i can
only import in an non-earth arbitrary coordinate system. According to
LSASAF team, each acquire image data is corrected for radiometric and
geometric effects and geo-located using a standardised projection
(GEOS). But no geocoded data is available. Externally, a latitude
pixel-position dataset and longitude pixel-position are provided, in
HDF5 format. My question is how can I import this data, with their
geolocation, to grass IN WGS84 or any other system? The part of
selecting and importing a subset is done but without any georreference
information.

By the way, when I solve this I will Wiki this information just like we
have for MODIS (http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/MODIS) or Quick bird
satellite data (http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/QuickBird).

Thank you

Best regards,