[GRASS-dev] object oriented image classification with GRASS?

Marc Wieland marcwieland at gmx.de
Tue Feb 23 04:27:39 EST 2010

Hello everybody,

I am currently looking for an open source alternative to eCognition. I
know the issue about how to emulate eCognitions object-based approach to
image classification into GRASS has been dicussed before within this
list, but I was wondering if there are any news considering this.
As I am new to GRASS and to this mailing list, I would be especially
interested in your opinion about the feasibility of such an emulation
and would be thankful for any remarks or information about ongoing
projects and already existing tools. Sorry for crossposting!

Cheers,
Marc