[GRASS-dev] Suggestion: wxGUI as default in G6.4

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Feb 26 10:55:13 EST 2010

It seems that vector display is still causing problems when GRASS is installed under C:\Program Files
see below:

Helena

computers and systems:
personal laptop:
> cpu:AMD Turion x2 ultra dual core mobile zm-82 2.2Ghz
> windows 7 professional 64 bit

> office dekstop:
> cpu:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz
> Windows 7 professional 64 bit)

I tested the latest - they still crash when installed in the default installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\GRASS-64-SVN) - both work good when I install them in a folder that does not contain any spaces in the path name (C:\GRASS64). So no change since I last tested both versions.

I was able to display vectors 1 - 2 times then it starts crashing (in both 64 and 65 - It used to crash every time I used d.vect)
when I say d.vect - it is not command line, I am using the GUI.
the error message from windows syas that python.exe crashes.
in the msys it says: "bad file descriptor"

Helena Mitasova
Associate Professor
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695
hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu