[GRASS-dev] Issues of 6.5 build on WinXP

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Jan 1 13:25:08 EST 2010

Michael Barton wrote:

> >> This should be run when needed, not while typing.
> >
> > That's my opinion. However:
> >
> > 1. It requires that combo boxes support a popup event which can be
> > used to to populate the list. The user may type a map name then
> > immediately click on the button to pop-up the option list; we can't
> > assume that there will be an intermediate event such as the map name's
> > text field losing focus or the combo box's text field gaining focus.
> >
> > 2. If the list is needed even if the user doesn't pop-up the option
> > list (e.g. for completion), it may need to be populated when the combo
> > box's text field gains focus (or receives its first EVT_TEXT event).
>
> The first thing is to find out what this is supposed to be doing.

Presumably it's supposed to be populating the combo boxes for
"database column" options and the option menus for "layer" options
with the set of choices which is valid for the "current" map (what
that means exactly, I have no idea; AFAICT, the parser interface
doesn't provide enough information to identify *which* map (if any) a
layer or database column refers to).