[GRASS-dev] v.voronoi update

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Jan 6 10:41:50 EST 2010

And another comment from Martin about the algorithm used in the current
GRASS v.voronoi:

I started studying Fortune sweepline algorithm. As soon as I make any
significant progress with the implementation, I will inform you. As a
matter of fact, original version of v.voronoi/delaunay uses a Fortune
algorithm from netlib, which is quite a crude implementation. I am going
to create a new code from scratch. However, I will use the previous code
as a guideline. Even though I am going to implement the same algorithm,
new code should be much more efficient, after I do some polishing.