[GRASS-dev] 6.4.0 -ending story

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jan 6 15:02:14 EST 2010

Markus Metz wrote:

> >> * 759 r.patch non-functional in WinGRASS 6.4 svn on Vista
> >>   -> awaiting guru comment
> >>
> > Michael:

> > I'm not totally convinced of our analysis of that (see my last comments
> > in the bug report). but if the work-around does the trick that's good
> > enough for the release notes.
>
> The currently best guess is that this is the Vista UAC problem. Provide
> a comment and tips for Vista UAC in a prominent place for the release?

FWIW, I don't consider that to be a particularly good guess. r.patch
doesn't appear to be doing anything remotely out of the ordinary.

Has anyone considered that "patch" might be triggering an anti-virus
rule? More generally, has anyone who can actually reproduce this tried
to perform any meaningful investigation (e.g. checking system logs)?