[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #862: winGRASS path detection fails in Japanese locale (¥ instead of \ is used for c:\ etc)

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 12 01:07:38 EST 2010

#862: winGRASS path detection fails in Japanese locale (¥ instead of \ is used
for c:\ etc)
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  neteler       |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
      Type:  enhancement   |      Status:  new
 Component:  default       |     Version:  svn-releasebranch64
Resolution:                |    Keywords:
  Platform:  MSWindows XP  |         Cpu:  All
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
Changes (by neteler):

  * priority:  blocker => normal
  * type:  defect => enhancement

Comment:

 OK, my bad. The point is that when starting GRASS in cmd.exe, the terminal
 does NOT become a GRASS shell (see prompt below). Not surprisingly nothing
 works.

 Changing into enhancement: grass64.bat should print into the terminal that
 it is GUI-only and not a GRASS shell and that for a GRASS shell the user
 should use a different menu entry. This would reduce the (potential)
 confusion...

 But I am not sure where this message (better worded) should go.

 Markus

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/862#comment:1>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>