[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #867: WinGrass64-compiling: `libintl_printf' is an unrecognized format function type'

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 12 20:23:19 EST 2010

#867: WinGrass64-compiling: `libintl_printf' is an unrecognized format function
type'
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  hellik           |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
      Type:  defect           |      Status:  new
 Component:  Packaging        |     Version:  svn-releasebranch64
Resolution:                   |    Keywords:
  Platform:  MSWindows Vista  |         Cpu:  x86-32
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
Changes (by glynn):

  * priority:  normal => minor

Comment:

 Replying to [ticket:867 hellik]:

 > unfortunately I wasn't all the building time in front of my laptop and
 couldn't catch all the messages,

 That's why you should redirect output to a file, e.g.
 {{{
 make &> build.log
 }}}

 > but I've seen in a few-modules (raster and vector etc.; i.e. nviz,
 v.what, v.out.pov, v.support, v.transform, v.to.db ) following warnings:

 > `libintl_printf' is an unrecognized format function type'

 I count 77 distinct occurrences (each one will generate multiple warnings,
 one for each occurrence of `__attribute__((format(printf,...)))` in
 gisdefs.h or G3d.h.

 Downgrading to "minor", as these are only warnings.

 They could be silenced by re-defining __attribute__ to an empty macro (as
 we do if __GNUC__ isn't defined).

 We could eliminate the redirection to libintl_printf, as none of the
 translations are currently using the %1$ syntax (which the MSVCRT printf()
 doesn't support, hence the redirection). However, chances are we'll forget
 to re-instate it if we ever need it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/867#comment:1>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>