[GRASS-dev] winGRASS installer directory version lost: C:\GRASS-4-SVN

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Jan 13 03:07:26 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Markus:
>> the major version number got recently lost, see attachment.
>> There might be some missing update in the installer script?
>

> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/38924

No idea... the change is from August, isn't it unlikely to discover
this only 7 months later? Mhhh.

Looks like a version separation:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/mswindows/GRASS-Installer.nsi?rev=38924

but perhaps this should be simplified to have only one version
present per branch (no need to support GRASS 7 in the 6.4 installer script etc).

The change was offlist discussed with Colin AFAIR.
But I don't know really the implications of this change.

thanks for looking into this,
Markus