[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] 6.4 vs 7.0

Paolo Craveri pcraveri at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 09:27:43 EST 2010

Hi,
2010/1/17 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:

> If you use "
> GRASS_OVERWRITE=1 \
>  r.mapcalc "result = map * 4
> it will work on both versions.

In grass 6.4:
GRASS_OVERWRITE=1

r.mapcalc "result = rand(1,100)"

100%

r.mapcalc "result = rand(1,200)"
 ##ok, raster result has been overwritten
 100%

In grass7.0:
GRASS_OVERWRITE=1

r.mapcalc "result = rand(1,100)"

 100%

r.mapcalc  "result = rand(1,200)"
###  raster 'result' hasn't been overwritten

I have to setting GRASS_OVERWRITE variable and r.mapcalc command in
the same line as you suggest:
GRASS_OVERWRITE=1 r.mapcalc "r = rand(12,24)"
in this case it works in both version.  Strange behaviour IMHO.

> here "input=-" has been set to be a required input. AFAIU this is so the
> option appears on the first tab of the module GUI window ("Required").
> I've complained about that before, so won't repeat myself, but what is
> really needed IMO is a new item added somewhere to help order the GUI
> sections so these GUI-at-the-expense-of-the-CLI hacks can be avoided.
+1

 thanks to all

Paolo C.