[GRASS-dev] grass is a monad?

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 10:49:19 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
> This too is Not A Bug. Not isolating distinct operations in distinct
> processes *is* a bug.

I can imagine almost everything done via GRASS modules. Yes, it is
annoying to run a GRASS module (probably I have to write a new one to
be sure, that the output/options do not change in next minor GRASS
release) and to parse output instead of just calling a function. You
did your work well, you made our life harder.

Everything except vector editing. I don't see any reasonable
possibility to do interactive vector editing via a GRASS module. For
vector editing, I need immediate response which is visualized on
display (e.g. if a vertex was moved and area topology was broken it
must be displayed). It is impossible to open/close a vector for every
single operation, it would take too long time for larger vectors.

Radim