[GRASS-dev] winGRASS: 'layer manager' window hidden by 'mapdisplay' windows

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jan 20 01:41:23 EST 2010

Michael Barton wrote:

> Do you know which version of Python and wxPython you are using? It
> sounds like a wxPython bug. But maybe there is something we can do about
> it.

I don't think that it's a bug as such, just that you don't have
precise guarantees as to the order in which some things happen.

You may be able to solve the issue by adding an idle handler, and
moving the layer manager to the top the first time that it triggers.

Alternatively, wait for the first EVT_PAINT event on the display
window, and move the layer manager to the top at that point. EVT_PAINT
shouldn't occur until the window has been realised.