[GRASS-dev] Problem in v.in.wfs

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 20 16:34:32 EST 2010

kljxm wrote:
> I installed GRASS6.4.0RC5 on  Unbuntu
> 9.0.4. When executing v.in.wfs shell, i always confronted
> error message saying my xercer -c is not compatible to
> libgdal.
> Would someone explain me the dependence or compatibility
> between xercer and libgdal (how can i get this information)
> ?
> Sequentially, how i should tackle this problem?

libxerces is a XML parser. you need to have installed the same
version that your gdal packages were build with/for.
Are you using the standard ubuntu 9.04 packages for grass and
gdal, or have you added from the UbuntuGIS ppa.launchpad
repository? If you upgraded grass from them you should update
gdal as well I think. If from UbuntuGIS this is perhaps more a
question for them to answer.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libxerces

Hamish