[GRASS-dev] WinGrass-Installer - definition of the destination folder?

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Jan 20 22:10:52 EST 2010

Just a feedback on the installer for WinGRASS - I was lucky that everybody in the class
managed to install GRASS from the working version - so no problems so far and the first
steps with wxGUI were MUCH smoother than last semester, so all those little tweaks with
icons and other GUI issues helped.

There were 2 or 3 distance students who had to get the newer svn version,
so it looks like now I am the only one confused about the different WinGRASS installers -

- is r40456 broken ? If yes, should it be removed from the web site
and the previous one put there while the fixed svn version is tested?
Or am I misunderstanding the situation?
The link to the daily binaries (thanks a lot for that, especially for  the GRASS65) here
would help as well
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/native/

thanks a lot to everybody for a smooth start,

Helena

P.S. one more thing - having WinGRASS and MacGRASS start with different default
GUI is really awkward and people have trouble figuring out how to switch even after given
instructions. Linux users (I always have 1-2 in class ) are used to tweaking things
so it is not an issue there although it would be much simpler to have all binaries start the same way
out of the box.