[GRASS-dev] WinGrass-Installer - definition of the destination folder?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 00:25:00 EST 2010

Helena wrote:
> Just a feedback on the installer for WinGRASS - I was lucky that
> everybody in the class managed to install GRASS from the working
> version - so no problems so far and the first steps with wxGUI were
> MUCH smoother than last semester, so all those little tweaks with
> icons and other GUI issues helped.

great, and with time it will only get better..

> There were 2 or 3 distance students who had to get the
> newer svn version,
> so it looks like now I am the only one confused about the
> different WinGRASS installers -
>
> - is r40456 broken ?

AFAIK just the GRASS wxGUI with MSys icon. There are still about 3 other
icons giving ways in.
  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.user/33237/

> P.S. one more thing - having WinGRASS and MacGRASS start with different
> default GUI is really awkward and people have trouble figuring out
> how to switch even after given instructions.

fwiw Config -> GRASS working environment -> Change default GUI  should
now work everywhere. (but on wingrass the "Start wxGUI" and "Start tcl
GUI" menu items/icons will still override that)

Hamish