[GRASS-dev] grass from osgeo4w gets caught from antivirus

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 21 10:15:20 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> The grass that is currently in osgeo4w gets caught by some antivirus, presumably
> because many executables have a further "." in file name (eg r.out.png.exe).
> I guess this is more or less impossible to overcome, I send it here just for the record.

Not sure but it is unlikely that you just need better antivirus
software :) since
GRASS in OSGeo4W hasn't been changed for months... I guess we cannot
do much with oversensitive antivirus software.

Since Vista seems to complain about the word "patch" in r.patch/v.patch
I dunno what to say. It is unlikely that we change the command names just to
make some antivirus software happy.

Just my 0.02 Eurocents,
Markus