[GRASS-dev] Re: Scripting in Linux (Kim Besson)

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Jan 26 15:28:37 EST 2010

Franz Schiller wrote:

> You are absolutely right Antonio.
>
> Do anyone knows how to have Special Characters in Module (e.g. á, é).
>
> Thanks
>
> PS- At my WinGRASS I had those special characters

It's supposed to work, but there do appear to be some problems with
the GUI.

The main issue is that any strings which appear within option
definitions (either in C programs or in scripts) should only use
ASCII; the translations (in .po files) can use any characters which
the .po file's encoding supports (take care to note the encoding of
the .po file; don't insert UTF-8 into an ISO-8859-* .po file or
vice-versa).