[GRASS-dev] wingrass r40683 installer -- 7.0?, spaces in pathnames problems

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 02:42:32 EST 2010

Hi,

I've just installed the daily wingrass build for r40683 to C:\Program Files\.

I notice in C:\Program Files\GRASS-64-SVN\msys\ the grass start scripts
there are "grass70.sh, grass70.bat, and grass70. grep doesn't see any
sign of "70" in the mswindows/ dir of the source.  ?!

unclean build environment?

Vector -> Develop -> Change Types  (v.type_wrapper.sh) fails when you
try to [Run] the command.
the error is:
  /c/Program: Files/GRASS-64-SVN/msys/bin/sh: No such file or directory

something thinks /c/Program is the drive name I guess?
Same error message with a normal shell script (v.in.gpsbabel)

Also (maybe related), msys.bat needs "%WD%" path name quoted in a number
of places. (an error flashes by in the DOS box about one of them)

msys.bat patch from:
  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/629

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/759

I had thought Colin was applying something like that patch, but I don't
see anything about it now from the liked wiki page:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/811#comment:4

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows#InstalltheenvironmentforcompilationMingW

maybe it got lost along the way?

Hamish