[GRASS-dev] Modifications to do_grid.c and do_geogrid.c

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Jan 27 18:33:25 EST 2010

Hi Casey,

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 11:30 PM, Casey Vandenberg
<casey.vandenberg at sjgeophysics.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> A colleague of mine made some minor modifications to the do_grid.c and
> do_geogrid.c code under /ps/ps.map/ that some of you may be interested in.
>
> The do_grid.c changes are for displaying coordinates on an output map so
> that they are parallel to the border as opposed to perpendicular (I have
> never been a fan of displaying the coordinates perpendicular to the border
> myself, but that could just be personal preference). The modifications also
> display an E and N beside the eastings and northings of the grid
> coordinates. These changes unfortunately were not coded to give the user the
> option of displaying the coordinates with or without the 'E' and 'N', nor
> were they coded to give the option of having the coordinates displayed
> parallel or perpendicular to the border.
>
> The do_geogrid.c changes are for displaying lat long coordinates in the
> format of dd°mm'ss" as opposed to dd:mm:ss. They also display parallel to
> the border.

Sounds interesting (but should become an optional flag).

> I have attached the code here for those that are interested.

Could you please post the changes as *differences* in trac? Here the
instructions to make these diff files:
http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/SUBMITTING
-> 26.

Then inspection is much easier and it doesn't get lost in the emails here
in this list.

thanks
Markus