[GRASS-dev] i.tasscap translation- Scripts

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Jan 28 09:00:50 EST 2010

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > I'm using WinGRASS6.4 and I'm having a few difficulties with language
> > packages
> > I already set my language at init.bat and I my WxGui is translated wihout
> > problems.
> > But, When I open i.tasscap the script description and options is not
> > translated, and according to my grasswxpy.po it was suppose to be.
> > And the same happens with i.oif. It seems that wxpy.po is not being used to
> > translate scripts but only to GUI.
>
> That's right.
>
> > Any ideas of how to solve this?
>
> The script messages are in the
> grassmods_XX.po
> files. You need to translate there (please send the the changes then
> for inclusion
> in SVN).

Should g.parser be updated to allow the translation domain to be
specified?

Currently, it uses "grassmods" (g.parser itself is a module), but that
means that anyone wanting to translate a custom script has to merge
their translations into the grasssmods_*.po files.

It might be useful to allow this to be overridden via e.g. an
environment variable (adding command-line options to g.parser is
tricky), so that individual scripts could use a different domain.