[GRASS-dev] mysql support

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Jul 3 17:01:12 EDT 2010

Andre Gagne wrote:

> How the heck do you install GRASS from source with mysql support?
>
> with --with-mysql=yes it say that it can't find the mysql includes
> with --with-mysql=/usr/include/mysql it says I must answers yes or no

	./configure --with-mysql --with-mysql-includes=/usr/include/mysql ...

--with-<package> options are usually[1] yes/no (giving the switch
without an argument is equivalent to "yes"). Most packages also have
--with-<package>-includes and --with-<package>-libs options.

[1] For packages with a config script, the switch may accept a path to
the config script as an argument, e.g. --with-gdal=/usr/bin/gdal-config.
Currently, the GDAL, Python, wxWidgets and GEOS packages behave this way.