[GRASS-dev] 6.4.0 blocker bugs

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 6 16:07:54 EDT 2010

Hamish wrote:

[snip]

> RC bugs according to the trac'er:
>  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/report/13

The one blocker applies to Windows 7 only. My point was that for Linux
and IIUC also MAC 6.4 is stable. GRASS is not part of a Windows7
installation, but available through Linux repositories, e.g. yum
install grass should give you 6.4 without enabling particular
repositories, GDAL and PROJ4, also QGIS and SAGA are available through
standard repositories. Nothing but man power keeps us from making
available new wingrass installers on a regular basis.

> of those, weak-blockers IMO are-

of those, the only blocker is #1020, and it applies apparently to Windows7 only.

> I'm still meaning to spend a little time on this:
>  #1051   wxgui: SEARCH_PATH corruption

Great!

> and verify that g.proj's memory bug is /really/ fixed:
>  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1032
A mystery because not reproducible.

>  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/827
Windows only, out of reach for us, unless we make a plan on how to
tell libgdal to ignore any Windows/System32/*.dll

>  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/820
Proposed fix for OSGEO4W: add msys bash because from within the
OSGEO4W msys (the one you get when starting grass with msys console),
there is no /bin/bash

>  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/555
>
> v.in.gpsbabel on WinGrass + a GPX file as in #555 is a quick test:
>> why does g.proj consistently fail in one particular script
>> with exit code 5, "ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED", and yet works fine
>> from the MSys command line and in other scripts?
>
> could someone with MS-Windows please (re)test that?

Done so on XP.

> when it's ready,

No blockers left for Linux, it's ready, IMHO.

Umh, we could wait a bit more to discover new blockers caused by e.g.
new incompatibilities between wxPython 2.8.11 and 2.8.12 or changes in
OSGEO4W...

Just nagging,

Markus M