[GRASS-dev] Re: grass-dev Digest, Vol 51, Issue 17

Cynthia Zambrano cynthia.zambrano at mail.polimi.it
Sat Jul 10 17:56:08 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I've been following this newsletter for some time, and this is my first
post.. I'm a newbie and my english isn't the best... anyway, thanks in
advance for your time.

Here's what I want to do:

I want to create a new module, based on r.covar, but that will calculate
different statistical indexes.
I installed Grass 6.4 on ubuntu 10.04 using Ubuntu Software Center ---
specifically these packages:
grass, grass-dev, libgdal1-1.7.0-grass;

I also downloaded the source file and makefile of "r.covar" from this page:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/develbranch_6/raster/r.covar
and
I'm ready to dive into the programming of the script, but I don't know how
to test run my new code, because off course I have to compile it.

I've never compiled a module: where do I put the sources and what should I
do to obtain the new compiled module? Do I have to download the full grass
source code (http://grass.osgeo.org/download/software.php)?

Can anyone please guide me in this compiling world that's completely new to
me?

Thanks in advance!

- Cynthia
Politecnico di Milano