[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #1110: v.rast.stats locks up on wingrass

sonja sonja.jankowfsky at cemagref.fr
Tue Jul 20 07:19:45 EDT 2010

grass-dev@…
>      Type:  defect                                       |      Status:  new

> Component:  Vector                                       |     Version:
svn-releasebranch64
>       Cpu:  x86-32                                       |
> ---------------------------------------------------------+------------------
>
> Comment(by hamish):
>
>  Yvan wrote:
>  {{{
>  This is the function and the message :
>
>  (Mon Jul 19 15:12:58 2010)
>  v.rast.stats vector=parcelles_masquees <at> mercier raster=mntyzeron_5m <at>
mercier
>  colprefix=mnt
>  C:/GRASS-64-SVN/scripts/v.rast.stats: line 268: v.db.addcol:
>  command not found
>  ERROR: Cannot continue (problem adding columns).
>  (Mon Jul 19 15:13:06 2010) Command finished (7 sec)
>  }}}
>

>  although I've only seen the subprocess freezing manifestation of this.

I get the same error using Grass 6.4 and 6.5.
Might this be related to the fact, that v.db.addcol is a shell script, the same
as v.rast.stats?
As far as I understand, while starting a shell script under windows, GRASS_SH
(which is set to sh.exe in the environment variables) will start the .bat file
in the /bin directory. This .bat file points to the shell script in the /scripts
directory.
However, once sh.exe started to read the shell script (here v.rast.stats), in
which directory will it search a second shell script referenced in the first
shell script (here v.db.addcol)? In the same?
Is there anything to fix this bug?
Thanks,
Sonja