[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #1109: g.mlist functionality extension: return e.g. $prefix.001 to $prefix.031 out of $prefix.365 maps

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Jul 20 20:01:47 EDT 2010

#1109: g.mlist functionality extension: return e.g. $prefix.001 to $prefix.031 out
of $prefix.365 maps
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  nikos              |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified        |
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Comment(by nikos):

 > > if your map names are longer than ~10 chars in total, beware that the
 maximum command line length may be 4096 chars on some OSs. so eg it may be
 better to sum months to get the full year instead of summing up 365 maps
 directly.

 > Actually that is what the script is doing: it creates a list with the
 days of jan, feb, march, etc., which is then fed as an input to "r.series
 method=average".

 I meant: it creates and uses the list(s) in a loop, so not all-in-one.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1109#comment:9>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>